Friday, July 31, 2009

If money/time/convenience/travel/family grumbling were no object...

I'm absolutely thrilled with how our Manhattan/polka dotted/theatrical wedding is shaping up, but photographs like this almost make me second-guess:



My dream way back before Mr. Star and I even started dating was to get married in this chateau, Le Chateau Chambord. My MOH and I visited the castle on our whirlwind three-week tour of France during college and it has always enchanted me. They do hold weddings there, but I fear to inquire about the cost.
I almost went ahead with trying to plan a small, destination wedding there way back when we first got engaged. Can you imagine floral arrangements overstuffed with peonies and chandeliers glittering above the dance floor? Oh, I can. I even think my dress would still work at that wedding. That's the wedding I had first imagined, but I think our wedding is going to be so much more us. Mr. Star would humor me no matter what I wanted to do, but I know he would feel out of place in the middle of nowhere France getting married in a chateau.
What really killed it for me is how few of "our people" (as Miss Cheese would say) would be able to make it to a wedding like that. I don't regret for a second the wedding that we've planned, but I still sigh over the chateau every once in awhile because it would be sooo dreamy to be married there -- maybe we can celebrate an anniversary there or something?
What would be different about your wedding plans if money, time, travel, or family grumbling weren't factors? Anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment