Monday, August 3, 2009

Taxi cab getaway

For me and Mr. Star, wedding day transportation was pretty much a no-brainer. One of the wonderful parts of having our wedding in the middle of Manhattan is that it's never hard to get around. In fact, transportation abounds for those of us without our own wheels!

It was never a part of my wedding dreams to have a big, fancy limo or a sleek vintage car to drive us around that day, although don't get me wrong, peeps, those options are gorgeous, too! But a part of having our wedding in Manhattan was sacrificing the things that weren't a top priority in order to fund things like our beautiful, but expensive loft space!


And what form of transportation could be more classic New York City than a yellow taxi cab? So I scoured the internet for some totally fab pictures of other cab-loving brides and this is what I came up with:



How gorgeous is this shot, with the checkered wall as a backdrop?



So classy in black and white.



Aww, how sweet is the "just married" on that cab?

So I tossed around the idea of renting a vintage checkered cab for the day like the cabs that were in these pictures, but after getting quotes of several hundred dollars for just a few hours, I decided that we'll be hailing our own cabs to get to the ceremony and then home again from the reception. I figure any cab driver will be willing to stop for a pretty lady in a fabulous white dress, right? So here's a shot with a modern cab:

I think we're going to get some great shots of us in front of the cabs and it will still feel like a treat for us to ride around in them all day because we hardly ever take cabs otherwise! That's right, the Star household mostly gets around on foot power :)

My only concern was making sure my dress stays taxi-dirt-free, so I'll be bringing some clean towels to sit on and put beneath our feet to protect it! Some of my friends and family think we're really strange for just riding in cabs on our wedding day, so we've definitely gotten some weird looks for it.

What do you think: is it a cool idea or just tacky? Are you having anything out-of-the-ordinary for your wedding day transportation?

No comments:

Post a Comment