Friday, July 17, 2009

You're So Vain, You Probably Think This Post Is About You...

So I figured after reading about our engagement, you might like to get a peek at my beautiful ring! 

Mr. Star and I had looked at some ring pictures online and talked about what I did and didn't like in an engagement ring. I kept hinting at the fact that the setting was really more important to me than the size and heft of the center stone itself. Much as I love me some bling, I knew we were on a budget (hello, we were still living in dorm rooms!) and I was much more excited to get a gorgeous setting that really reflected who I was, as opposed to spending all of what we had budgeted on getting an enormous rock.

I really didn't have a clear idea of exactly what I wanted, though, so Mr. Star was left to search on his own. He went to about half a dozen jewelry stores before walking into one and immediately seeing my ring. He knew it was perfect for me the second he saw it and boy, was he right! He must know me really well :)

I absolutely love my ring. It's so delicate and vintage-esque and interesting to look at. Its unique shape really made it difficult to find a wedding band that looked good with it, so before I talk about our bands, I knew I had to show you the E-ring! Thanks for the help, Anne Ruthmann!

On cupcakes!

Cyrano de Bergerac is one of our favorite plays. And one of our table numbers ;)

I am one bride who cannot live without her coffee!

What was most important in an E-ring to you? Was it the size of the center stone, the setting, the kinds of stones, or something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment