Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Something Old, Something New, Something...Well, You Get the Point

So far, I've shown you a lot of my little DIY projects and talked a lot about where our wedding will be, why it is the way it is, what we're going through emotionally. But you haven't seen a lot of what I'll be wearing besides my shoes. And since the bride's outfit is always one of my favorite parts of any wedding I attend, I figured I'd start showing you some attire details!


(Photo credit Etsy Seller ParisPennsylvania)

For now, my something old is another Etsy purchase. I bought this vintage French lace to use on my second veil (so this is a *sneak peek* because I'm not finished with it yet!) and it was a steal at just a couple of dollars a yard. If anyone needs interesting trim for something, I highly recommend this Etsy seller. She gets a lot of her supplies from buying out retiring wholesalers and people who have had this stuff for a long time, so it's actually vintage! I'm still hoping to get a different something old from the in-laws, but if I don't (more on that later), this is it!

My something new is, of course, my fabulous dress. I know I haven't shown it to you yet. I know I'm a tease.

My something borrowed is a sparkly tennis bracelet from my Mom that she wore when she married my stepfather five years ago. It's beautiful in person; my picture doesn't do it justice. I'm so glad that I'll have something of hers with me on that day.

My something blue is a polka dotted garter made by Etsy seller GarterLady. It was one of my first wedding purchases and I LOVE that I will be wearing some polka dots that day. And yes, it does say "I love New York" on it. Because I do. I think the blue on it is just gorgeous, don't you?

I've tried to pick somethings that really reflect who I am as a person and who my family is. I love France (and speak French), I love vintage, I love sparkles, I love polka dots, I love New York, etc. How do your somethings reflect who you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment