Monday, July 20, 2009

Our DIY City/Purple/Polka Dotted Invitations, OR: The DIY Project That Nearly Killed Me

Now that our out-of-towners have officially begun RSVPing (hooray!), I think it's probably pretty safe to share these babies with you! Though they were not gocco'ed and were certainly far from being perfect, they were a labor of extreme love and dedication and I'm pleased with how they came out.

I do have a confession to make: I've been super nervous about sharing these with the hive, but only because of the beautiful creations of so many very talented bees that have come before me. So go easy on me, ladies! My running joke has been that my engagement ring did not come with a degree in graphic design (or floral arrangements or tuxedo styles or the like!) ;)

What our guests saw when they opened their envelopes!

Everyone takes their invitations to the park to photograph them in the greenery, right?

Doesn't our "suite" look nice together? It pained me to have to cover up our personal info.

Our dramatic RSVP postcards

The hand-drawn map that Margarita Groomsman labored over...isn't the compass cute?

So that's it. There they are. Out of all of the DIY projects I've conquered thus far, designing and printing and assembling the invitations, combined with doing the calligraphy for all of the envelopes, is the project that nearly sent me packing...to elope, that is! I had no idea this would be so hard, but it certainly was worth the effort in monetary savings. Similar pocketfold envelopes are selling on Etsy for $5-7 a piece! And no wonder, with how much work they are. I made ours for just a bit over $2 each.

What seemingly insurmountable task have you taken on that has saved you a bundle?

No comments:

Post a Comment