Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wedding things that get me giddy

Sometimes the stress of wedding planning really gets to me and I just want to tear my hair out. Somewhere in between my printer refusing to print our wedding maps, or getting told at the post office (incorrectly) that our invitations would cost nearly $2 to mail, or having out-of-towners complain about the cost of travelling to NYC, I end up seriously stressed out.

Why, oh why, did I need a Manhattan wedding filled with DIY details when we could've just gone to the courthouse? I sometimes ask myself in these moments.

Just when I think I can't take it anymore, a precious little detail turns everything around for me. I ordered a custom-made return address stamp from Etsy to use on the RSVP postcards and on the back flap of our invitation envelopes:


I love our gorgeous little stamp made by Etsy seller modernartstamps! Seeing our names together with our address on our own little stamp put this huge grin on my face because it somehow made it real that we're together and we're a team and this is our home and that's all that really matters.

I've had several of these moments throughout the course of our planning. What details have gotten you giddy in the midst of wedding stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment