Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Polka Dotted Cake

I've known every since we decided to incorporate polka dots into our wedding scheme that a polka dotted cake would be the perfect way to showcase the theme at the reception!

There sure are a lot of different ways to do polka dots on a cake, though! Surprisingly many! I'd love to share a few of them with you and get your feedback.

I like this one because I love the idea of having a polka dot cake with a differently-decorated tier in the middle. Plus, the green is so cute!


This one is in our colors! And aren't those black bows just too cute to eat? Only thing is, I really want black with white polka dots like the rest of our current polkas.


Look at this cute little thing! How flirty are those big, white dots? That cake stand has me drooling, too...


I had to include this one because it's just a fabulous representation of a polka dotted cake, but come to think of it, it really doesn't fit in with our wedding at all. The style is adorable, but it's a little too cutesy for the city vibe we've got going. I love pink weddings done right, though.


This one is probably closest to the current vision I've had going on in my head. You might recognize it from my teensy little inspiration board!


This Martha cake is darling, of course. I love that the dots are different sizes and that they're more three-dimensional.


So what do you think? Which one do you think fits the style of our wedding the best?

POLL:
A. Green polka and stripes cake
B. Big black bows cake
C. Itty bitty black cake
D. Pink polka cake
E. Chocolate polka cake
F. Blue Martha polka cake

1 comment:

  1. C! It is so mod and would fit in with your city theme perfectly!

    ReplyDelete