Friday, July 31, 2009

Trusting my "Bachelor"



Everyone knows about the stereotype of the crazy, controlling bride who dictates what her husband-to-be and best buds can and can't do for his bachelor party. Apparently, even though our groomsmen know nothing else about wedding planning or traditions, even they know about this stereotype (either that, or they just think I'm nuts, which is also possible).

As it turns out, Mr. Star's guys have been planning his bachelor party for some time now and Mr. Star told me the other day how humorous he found it that they were all taking such pains to keep any and every detail from my knowledge. Even my brother has been sworn to secrecy under pain of death because of his relationship to me -- and he agreed wholeheartedly!

The thing is, I don't really care. True story. If Mr. Star wants to see a naked woman jump out a cake, he can be my guest. I'm fully confident in the fact that he doesn't, but that's an issue for him and his groomsmen to work out ;)

I trust Mr. Star with my whole heart and believe that he would probably be willing to be involved in even less crazyness than what I would deem to be perfectly acceptable. My ex-boyfriend and I once had a big fight over him possibly heading to a strip club, which I now think was a combination of my silliness and the fact that he didn't make me have enough faith in us to not be worried about the rest. My trust in Mr. Star is a credit to how he treats me, because I am so totally secure in how head-over-heels in love with me he is that I'm completely unconcerned about what may or may not transpire at his bachelor party. Maybe that's naive, but I don't think so.

Are you worried about what your guy and his buddies might get into at his bachelor party or are you unconcerned?

No comments:

Post a Comment