Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Dream Dress, Part VI: Bustle That Babe!


With the final alterations on my dress complete, the only thing left to figure out was the bustle. With all of the horror stories I've heard about with bustles that don't turn out so great or brides getting into arguments with seamstresses over the "correct" bustle for each dress, I was nervous about getting mine done. I mean, no one wants to be this upset about their wedding dress:



Luckily, the experience was a breeze with my dress and especially with my seamstress, whom I love to death. She shortened my very elaborately beaded dress without a hitch and chose a fabulous way to bustle my dress that makes it look even prettier than without the bustle, which I always think is important, since most of the time people see the dress it will be bustled!

This is basically how my dress will look bustled, although it's still a little lopsided because she didn't pin it all the way around:



I don't know the names of the different types of bustles, so don't ask me which kind it is. All I know is that it's gorgeous!

Of course, I had to practice sitting in my dress, too. Me trying to be graceful:



Yeah, I am one cool bride...NOT!



Hemming down, bustle down -- Houston, we have a dress! I even made my final payment on it, so that bad boy is all mine now. I can't wait until the bustle is finished and it's all steamed so I can take it home to torture Mr. Star with ;)

Was your bustle an easy process?

Stay tuned for a sneak peek at my boudoir pics coming soon, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment