Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Dream Dress, Part V: Fitting It In!


What is that, you might ask? My wedding shoe? Why, yes, it is!
Wait, Miss Star, haven't we already seeeen your wedding shoes? Yes, yes, you have! But not poking out from underneath my dress!!

Or paired with the veil I painstakingly stitched!
Or worn with the smile of a bride who's trying on her dream dress in her size and in the color she wanted for the very first time!
Or with the awkward dance moves of silly young-ish bride in a birdcage veil!
By now you've probably figured out that I had my first dress fitting this past week and it went swimmingly! I'm in love and Mr. Star seems pretty okay with sharing my heart with a dress. The dress fit perfectly except for the fact that it's about a mile too long, so I'm even coming in under my alterations budget if all goes according to plan! 
The only thing I discovered is that I think I need some undergarments to smooth things out in the torso-thigh area because I've got some lumps showing in pictures that I'd like to take care of pronto, but I don't think that's any big deal. I'm guessing I need to buy some Spanx, unless anyone else has a better suggestion.
Did your dress fit like a glove right off or did you need a bunch of alterations? Did you have to purchase some unexpected undergarments?

No comments:

Post a Comment