Monday, September 14, 2009

Band-ing Together

Mr. Star and I had a terrible time finding rings we liked in your traditional jewelry store. There were lots of gorgeous options, for sure, but none that really seemed to be "us" and the ones that even came close were just soooo expensive.
On top of that, my gorgeous engagement ring has a bit of an odd shape, and I couldn't find a single band that would lay flush up against it. Some ladies don't mind that gap, but for my overly picky self, it irked me to no end. My E-ring by itself in case you don't remember the beautiful cluster diamonds on the side that made this process so complicated:

Adding to the complication was the fact that this one wedding detail proved to be Mr. Star's slight foray into "Groomzilla" land -- he was SO picky about his ring, which was only striking because he's usually incredibly laid back about everything. In truth, it was totally fair because I know he spent just as much time finding me the perfect E-ring as we did on the quest for his wedding band, but at the time, I was getting pretty frustrated.
At some point in the process, Momma Star suggested looking at rings on Ebay. I was, at first, slightly appalled. I thought it sounded so tacky. But one night, I decided to check it out and sure enough, there were some really unique and well-priced rings on there!
I knew I wanted and Enhancer style ring and was able to find one right away that matched the style of my E-ring so well. He knew he wanted a two-toned ring with some sort of interesting embellishment and we stumbled across this tungsten ring with an infinity symbol that goes all the way around, which was perfect for him because the infinity symbol has kind've been our thing since the first few days we said I love you ("times infinity to the infinity power" in the Star household!).
I was very concerned about ordering quality jewelry online, so I made sure to only order from Ebay sellers with great return policies. Worst case scenario, we hated the rings and sent them back within 30 days for a rull refund. But that's not what happened!
So without further ado, here they are together:
At first, I was worried about how they TOTALLY don't match, but we quickly decided that we love how non-matchy they are because they both represent each of us so perfectly and we are, in fact, such different and complementary people.

This is how our rings look together with my E-ring making an appearance :)


And a fun shot, just for kicks. I mean, come on, who doesn't love them some Ben & Jerry's?

Did you get your wedding bands at a jewelry shop or did you find them in a more unconventional place?

1 comment:

  1. i just love my carbide tungsten ring...it is scratch less and therefore shines for long time...I never used to take off my tungsten ring from finger for last two year and you will not find even single scratch on it...

    regards
    sam

    ReplyDelete