Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Living Proof That Delegating Actually Works

Just like Miss Beagle wrote about, I have a really hard time letting people help me out. I guess I think it makes me look weak or like I'm failing to accomplish everything that I had set out to do. Logically, I know it's silly to feel this way, but I struggle with being able to delegate in actuality.

Well, folks, we're coming into the home stretch over here at the Star household and some of my intended craft projects were starting to fall by the wayside. That is, until people started generously stepping up and helping out without me even asking!

At first, I was hesitant because I'm such a control freak. But my options were either 1. Don't have things like rehearsal dinner invites because they're not necessary and I'm running out of time or 2. Let my fabulous MOH handle them herself, since she so graciously offered.

I am so glad she did, because she did a fabulous job!



Doesn't it look just like something I would have done myself? She knows me so well :)

So here I am saying thank you to my wonderful MOH and wanting to share with the world (or at least, the Hive!) how well delegating really can work out.

What have you gotten help with? Was it hard for you to let some projects go?

No comments:

Post a Comment