Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Star-Studded (Love) Affair: Taxi Time


Like I've mentioned before, there were many times in my wedding planning when I caught some flack for forgoing the traditional wedding day limo ride, in favor of a more affordable and more authentic New York taxi, which is where the inspiration for this set of photos came from:



I just really wanted that iconic yellow in the background of some of our photos.



You can't tell me a limo would have looked this cool:



I took my role as a taxi bride very, very seriously, of course:



And many bridesmaids were necessary to help stuff me into that puppy, not to mention the multitude of staring onlookers:



At some point in the cab ride, my MOH and I both realized that in the hustle and bustle of getting everyone out the door and into separate cabs, we were each separated from our respective purses. Ooops.

No worries, I knew my Dad was waiting at the other end of our cab ride, mwuahahahahahaha. This is the "where is my Dad so he can pay this cab driver" face:



Other than that, I do think it's kind've cool that you can see our photog's hands and camera in the window of the taxi up there.

I was getting so excited to just get into the theater and see my soon-to-be husband:



I'll spare you the getting out of the cab pictures, since I look every bit as awkward as you'd expect a woman in a 50-pound wedding dress trying to jostle her way out of the backseat of a cab would look.

Thank goodness Dad showed up with some cash, after a few frantic calls. Thanks again, Dad! ;)



I found my posse of best ladies and was ready to get inside:



I had a blast being a taxi bride and what I learned from the whole experience is that in wedding planning (as in life), you should always make the choice that works for you and to hell with anyone who thinks you're being classless/tacky/cheap/or unfortunate. I mean, unless we're talking about becoming a cast member on "Jersey Shore," in which case -- what are you thinking, lady?!? But I don't think we're talking about that...

Have you considered any rather un-traditional methods of transportation for your wedding day, and if so, what are they? Don't worry, you're in good company. The taxi was probably the least un-traditional method of wedding day transportation that we used -- just wait until you see our subway trip! :)



*All photos by John Martin Photography *


The Star Wedding Recaps:

1 comment: