Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How To Make ANY Wedding Theme Glam

Or "An Inspiration Board based off of a Star Wars Christmas Tree Ornament"

I hope you don't mind me taking a brief break from my recaps to share with you my take on the Christmas ornament inspiration board!

I searched through Etsy, my go-to spot for unique items, for the perfect ornament to use as a springing off point for this "assignment." Inspiration did not strike. However, I did start to chuckle when I came across this gem from Etsy Seller blackrose1151 :



I adore things like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Pooter, and the more I thought about it, the more the inner nerd in me wanted very badly to base an inspiration board off of this ornament.

At first, I started gathering pictures that were fun, but definitely a little campy. But I quickly decided that I wanted this to be a serious inspiration board based on Star Wars, not a joke. And I really believe that you can take subtle inspiration from just about anything and turn it into a gorgeous affair.

With that, I give you my Subtly-Star-Wars-Inspired wedding:




Perhaps a little explanation is due, since the inspiration is a little unconventional and I've made some slight stretches here. First off, the Jenny Packham dress I stumbled across is the PERFECT wedding dress answer to the iconic Princess Leia dress. Thank you, Jenny. I love that hairstyle of Leia's from The Empire Strikes Back that I've included, just because I totally think it could work as a bridal style. Gold accessories are a necessary shout-out to our droid friend, C-3PO (have I nerded you out yet, or are you still with me here?)

Black and white as colors came both from the starry night sky aspect and from the fact that black seemed like a given with Darth Vader in the picture. The groom will be attired in an all-white tux with black details, slightly reminiscent of a storm trooper's getup. Anyone notice how vaguely Darth Vader that bridesmaid dress is, too? That black chunky belt and the sassy posture of the model just scream "Dark Side" to me.

Okay, I think I've indulged myself enough here. Hope you all got the chuckle I did, and maybe an idea or two for how to incorporate something you love without going overboard.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment