Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Star-Studded (Love) Affair: Dinner in Havana

After our hectic rehearsal, we all grabbed cabs and headed back up to Midtown. A few of us ran up to our apartment to grab the gifts for our families and bridal party, while most everyone headed straight to the restaurant on the next block.

I had to pose for a quick photo op with my favorite bunny:



We finally got everyone to the restaurant and seated at two long, family-style tables, ready to enjoy some delicious CUBAN food! We chose the Cuban restaurant because it's one of our neighborhood favorites and we knew that many of our out-of-towners had never gotten the chance to enjoy how yummy Cuban food is!

My MOH and her family had made and set up pillar candles with ribbon matching our wedding colors for decoration, plus the restaurant already had roses in bud vases and funky prints on the walls, so it made for a very festive vibe. The pretty sangria on the tables didn't hurt, either:



While I love that restaurant, we had a difficult time getting decent service that night and waited a long time to get drinks for everyone and our food ordered, despite the fact that they had known we were coming for months. To entertain everyone while we were biding our time, Mr. Star and I welcomed everyone and thanked them for coming. I had not prepared what I was going to say and in retrospect, I should have. But c'est la vie...



And my MOH brought all the accoutrements for what was a brilliant idea: she had everyone take a piece of paper, a pen, and an envelope, and write a major life milestone on the envelope (i.e. the day you get back from your honeymoon or when you have your first big fight or the day your first child is born) and then write us a message for when that time came. It was a really sweet idea and I was so touched that she orchestrated the whole thing. We've already opened a few and they have been so thoughtful and have contained such fabulous advice.



Meanwhile, I was gathering up presents to distribute!



And everyone was posing for pictures, like Fairy Bridesmaid and her husband:



Mr. Star stole a shot with my Dad and Stepmom (Dad, put the phone down!):



My little sister was hamming it up with my MOH:



Although we were slightly bothered by how long it took to get service, everyone still had a really great time, and my Mom, Stepdad, and little sister were no exception. I love how happy they look here:



Always the ham, Mr. Star decided he needed some photo action with my Mom. It was a very sweet and happy moment for me to witness after how long it has taken them to warm up to each other:




And you know it's a good picture when you make your officiant/stepdad-in-law blush...this is one of my favorites:



Fairy Bridesmaid caught a candid moment of happiness between the bride and groom-to-be and I love this shot:



Then someone gave my little sister (the budding photographer) the camera and all the pictures started to look like this one of my brother:



Then dinner was over, and most everyone headed back to our place to hang out for a bit. My little sister fell in love with Mr. Star's little brother and it was adorable:



My baby sister fell in love with everyone:



My aunt and uncle had finally arrived from Texas and I was so happy to have them there:




Our bridal party was diggin' hanging out on our balcony:



And Mr. Star and I posed for our last picture together before we became husband and wife:



I was full of warm and fuzzies and didn't want to let him go, but finally the time came for the boys to go head out to Queens to spend the night at Fairy Bridesmaid's house with her husband, and the girls stayed at our place for a little slumber party. Emphasis on the slumbering.



We were all very tired and didn't even make it halfway through "The Wedding Planner" before we all passed out. We were fast asleep and ready for the day to begin bright and early the next morning.

Up next, the wedding day begins! :)

The Star Wedding Recaps:

No comments:

Post a Comment