Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Star-Studded (Love) Affair: Getting Accessorized


So now we all were sporting fabulous 'do's and we headed back to our apartment. It was time for everyone to throw on their accessories, touch up their makeup, and take a few last pre-dress pictures!

My wonderful bridesmaids (have I said that enough?) took a minute and arranged all of their different polka dot accessories together for a photo op, my "something blue" polka dotted garter included:



Somewhere in all the hustle and bustle, our bouquets got delivered! I was so excited to see how my vague floral vision had come together that I rushed right over to unwrap them. I was a little surprised to see them looking a bit droopy and started to panic. Luckily, one of my bridesmaids suggested that we clear some room in our fridge and throw my bouquet in there to get it to perk up. It worked beautifully, and I was very relieved. Future brides, if your flowers are looking slightly tired, put them in the fridge for half an hour!!



I set to work gathering up my various accessories, the something borrowed bracelet my mom had lent me, my new crystal earrings, and an unexpected addition in the form of a beautiful freshwater pearl bracelet with infinity symbol clasps that Mr. Star had given me as part of my wedding gift.



I wore my garter around on my arm for awhile because I was afraid I'd forget to put it on when the time came. Here we are working out the details of how to pack my birdcage veil and rhinestone hair clip into a tote bag for my costume changes later:



Our apartment was very crowded with all the primping that was going on, but everyone was in high spirits.



I was working on some makeup touch-ups and found it surprisingly hard to apply lipstick with the constant click, click, click of the camera behind me -- I'm pretty sure that's why I was laughing in this picture. I guess it's good practice for the paparazzi, right? ;)



I like this shot just for the hair and how pretty it looks under my veil:



I still didn't feel entirely like a bride yet, and it still didn't feel quite like my wedding day -- just a very fun morning surrounded by my ladies. It took me putting my gorgeous dress on before I actually felt like a bride. I sure do look like one, though, huh?



Though I had turned off my blackberry for the day and directed all questions and concerns to either my MOH or my DOC, like any good Weddingbee blogger, I did take a second to check my laptop and see if my last Miss post had gone up yet. Now this is a 2009 bride:



Looking forward to gratuitous dress shots (or maybe that's just me...)? They're up next!

*All photos by John Martin Photography, except the first two*


The Star Wedding Recaps:

1 comment: