Monday, June 1, 2009

The Best Wedding Decision I Ever Made

When we first started planning, my mom was insistent that we get a wedding planner. As someone who has been married twice (once without a planner and once with!), she said it was the best money she ever spent to have someone running the day.

Well, I was pretty positive that our budget wouldn't allow for a wedding planner, so I set about doing all the work myself. I was totally fine with it, although I slowly began to realize that, even though I've been willing to work long and hard on all the little wedding details thus far, I had no idea how everything was going to get taken care of on the actual day. Both of our families live out-of-state, so they haven't been involved in the day-to-day planning and I didn't know who to ask to run things.

One day, while scanning the WeddingBee classifieds, I saw an offer for a free Day of Coordinator in NYC. I immediately emailed, but had already been beat to the punch by other Bees! Luckily, Danielle was willing to offer me a substantial discount on her services, since she's still getting started. I had a great meeting with her at Starbucks and I realized that there's no way I could've pulled everything together on our big day without her help. I'm a very organized person, but she had all of these detail questions that I couldn't answer because I hadn't even thought of them yet!

Add in the fact that I tend to be a little high-strung, and without a DOC, you've got a recipe for disaster!

Are you getting help on the day of the wedding or are you bravely going it alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment