Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Veil Va-Va-Voom: Part One



Me at M&J Trimming

I was not originally considering wearing a birdcage veil! I always thought they were gorgeous and so chic, but didn't think I would be the bride to pull one off.

I happened to try one on at a bridal salon one day while I was looking for something else (shoes to solve my shoe crisis, I think it was!). I posted the picture on my Facebook and immediately had several comments about how amazing it was and how well it synched with my style. I took a second look and agreed that I actually loved it! The only thing I didn't love was the $200 price tag on the one I tried on. So I decided to make my own. For less than $30 and an afternoon spent crafting with Blonde Bridesmaid, we were able to create this:


What do you think? Don't mind the terrible photography skills I'm rockin'! It was a lot of work to get the look right with the netting, but totally do-able if you have the patience. And I really think you need a helper to make it less frustrating! People have been really impressed to hear that I made my own veil, but it's one of those things where the impressive to difficulty ratio is high.

Have you made any of your really crucial wedding-day attire pieces?

Stay tuned for Part Two. You knew I wasn't going to settle for just one veil, right?

(Photo Credits: Blonde Bridesmaid, Myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment