Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Inspiration Board

I figured after all of your comments and questions about my wedding colors and scheme, I should probably share something to illuminate my vision at this point! You've most likely already guessed at what it will look like, since you've seen so many of my details already, but it would be considerate of me to put it all in one place, right? Right.

One of the difficulties in having a long engagement (especially when you over think everything like me!) is having waaaay too much time to make decisions and then second-guess them and then think some more and then make new choices and then...well, you get the point.

The two constants throughout this process have been:
1. My dress
2. Deep purple.

That's about it.

The original colors I picked were eggplant and forest green. Then I started to worry that the color combination would be too un-chic (which I now think was silly -- I really believe at this point that any color combo can be fresh and chic if you do it right). So I changed our colors to purple and champagne. Weeks later, I realized that these were the colors of my Mom's wedding to my Stepdad in 2005. Oops. Then I decided that, since I'm such a huge polka dot aficionado, they had to be incorporated somehow. So now we've landed for good on deep purples with black and white polka dot accents. Today, I think it's gorgeous. Ask my fiance, and he'll tell you that I often second-guess even this color choice!

Given that we're both in showbiz, I also knew that I wanted it to be dramatic, but still romantic and elegant. But the polka dots give the whole thing a bit of "levity," because I didn't want the elegance to be stuffy. We also want little shout-outs to Theatre and New York City to be a part of everything, of course.

I've worried a lot about the whole thing becoming a cohesive whole, but I think my vision is coming together (you've seen a lot of my details at this point, so tell me if it's not!). I've made a really simple and small inspiration board because I've discovered that, despite my LOVE for beautiful inspiration boards, I'm not as good at putting them together as one might think :)


(Photo credit here, here, here, and Etsy seller bluemusestudio)

So whaddya think? Have you worried about having too many elements to incorporate into your wedding day vision? Have you second-guessed any of your decisions?

No comments:

Post a Comment