Sunday, May 31, 2009

Well-Wishes

When I started trying to figure out where to get a guestbook from, I knew I wanted something a little different from your typical book with lined pages for guests to sign. While I can see the appeal of the beautifully-covered books that will be a wedding memento to cherish, the book-style just wasn't for us. I wanted to have something that we could display in our home, instead of leaving it on the bookshelf. And I really wanted our guests to have a place to write well-wishes and advice, instead of just signing their names.

I came upon this idea: a Wish Tree! It's a Dutch tradition that we will be hijacking and making our own. Ours will be much smaller than this one, but I found some beautiful purple crystals at Michael's and an awesome vase from a thrift store. Combined with some sparkly branches that I can buy at the wholesale flower shops in Chelsea and some cardstock cards that my Stepmom is making with her die-cutter and we'll have a beautiful pseudo-guestbook for less than $25!

Are you going the traditional guest book route or are you putting a spin on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment