Saturday, May 30, 2009

Boutonniere Love

Aftering seeing some amazing inspiration on Etsy, I decided that it would be fun and cost-effective to make the guys' boutonnieres myself. I spent a few weeks collecting the supplies from various places:

Purple Ribbon - Ebay - $8 including shipping
Guinea Feathers - Etsy Seller Mojaziemia - $5 including shipping
Miniature Camellias - Ebay - $12 including shipping
Black Beaded Rose - Trim Store in NYC, W 38th street - $2
Pin Backings - Findings Store in NYC - $4
TOTAL - 6 Boutonnieres for $31



I'm pretty proud of the way they turned out! I love that they incorporate our polka dot theme and that they were lovingly handmade by me. I was concerned that my mister would feel slighted that they were silk flowers, but he confessed that he was way more excited about boutonnieres made by me than ones made by some florist!

Would you ever consider incorporating silkies into your day??

(Photo credit by moi)

1 comment:

  1. wow, you did such a great job!
    Did you glue things together beneath the ribbon?

    ReplyDelete