Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Star-Studded (Love) Affair: Subway Saga

When we last left you, we were busy making a spectacle of ourselves by parading through the streets of New York.


We made it to the station and we were very careful to keep my dress from dragging down the dirty station steps:



Our wonderful DOC (have I said that enough yet?) ran ahead and got the station attendant to take the fully-loaded metrocards we had bought and open the emergency exit so everyone didn't have to squeeze through the turnstiles.

Yeah, we got the V.I.P. treatment on the subway, yo:


Then we stood on the platform surrounded by our loved ones and waited for an unsuspecting train full of civilians to arrive.


And posed for iPhone pictures for our guests. I thought it was kinda cool that pictures from the wedding were going up online before the party even really got started! (P.S. check out the wedding wand making a cameo!):


That is one hot couple right there...


The train finally pulled up and it was already quite full -- watch out, train, we're getting on! We've got a reception to get to!



After making sure everyone made it on the train, we relaxed into the fun of being celebrities, if only for a few moments! All of the strangers on the train thought we were very exciting, as you can see from this picture -- about half of those people are our guests and half aren't:


It was, without a doubt, the best subway ride of my life.


All too quickly (for me!), we reached the stop where all of our guests were to get off and follow our DOC to the loft for cocktail hour, while Mr. Star, my MOH, and I stayed on for one more stop so we could get to Grand Central Station for some couple portraits.

We lovingly watched our guests exit the train before us...


And soon it was time for us to exit, too...


And that magical subway ride where we were packed in with all of our nearest and dearest was over forever.

Don't worry, though, everyone in the station still thought we were rockstars:


I mean, I did just ride the subway in my couture wedding gown...



We love New York, what can we say?

How did you honor your love for your wedding locale on your big day?


*All photos by John Martin Photography *

The Star Wedding Recaps:

1 comment:

  1. Awe, to awesome! Wish the Midwest had a subway. I hardly think that the "Metrolink" counts!

    ReplyDelete