Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Star-Studded (Love) Affair: Next Stop -- Grand Central Station!

I had originally wanted to do our couple portraits on the steps of the main branch of the New York Public Library -- you know, the one with the lions out front (Ghostbusters, baby!):



I mean, it's iconic. It's gorgeous. It's classy. Buuuuut then my smarter-than-me photographer pointed out that by the time we finished up the ceremony, it would be dark outside already. Duh, Star.

So we decided to do portraits inside of Grand Central Station -- also iconic, gorgeous, and classy. It's my go-to recommendation for NYC brides who need to take portraits when the weather outside is frightful (or dark), if you know what I mean. But don't worry, we got some photos at the library a few weeks ago during our "day-after" session...oops, have I said too much? More on that later ;)

This is about as standard of a wedding portrait as we got, and I love that:


I love that this picture reminds me of classic Hollywood. And it just feels like it could be from a wedding that took place anytime (I'm tooting my own horn a little here, don't mind me).


But just like everywhere else in New York, we were surrounded by people. Drunk Giants fans at that, as a game had just let out. Most of our onlookers were very respectful and sweet. In fact, I heard one older lady stage whisper, "Ooh, who is she??" But I'm pretty sure an underage drunk Giants fan is the one who catcalled me and asked for my number. This was our response to that:



A little late, buddy.

We checked out the train schedules for good measure:


And we snuggled together as we thought up places to hop a train to and escape on our honeymoon early:



And there's a little sneak peek of my third "costume change" -- notice the birdcage is gone, and in its place is a blingy hair comb. Yeah, I love me some drama.


We also did some snuggling and reflecting on the momentous occasion.



And it wouldn't have really been a wedding day without some making out. I mean, come on.


 Hot, right?

And just for fun:


Then, since we knew we'd be going right into our first dance once we got to the loft, we decided to spend a couple of minutes practicing:



So romantic...


Except for the fact that there were still dozens of people staring at us and my still-unbustled train was getting in the way of our little "rehearsal." But you wouldn't know it from the way we were intently focused on each other:



Must be newlyweds ;)

Then we hopped into another cab, and were on our way to the partay! Who's up for some reception pictures??

Major props go out again to my lovely MOH, who was just outside of the frame of almost all of these shots holding my crap and helping with my costume changes:


She deserves a t-shirt that says, "I was Mrs. Star's b*tch and all I got to show for it was this lousy picture:"



That's what best friends are for, right?

How did weather (or darkness!) end up affecting where you took/will take wedding day pictures?

*All photos by John Martin Photography *

The Star Wedding Recaps:

No comments:

Post a Comment