Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Stars Got Hitched!

Hello, Hive! MRS. Star here, reporting live from the other side!

I wanted to share a few quick teasers with you before we jet off to Greece for two weeks on Friday (yay!), because I really need the assistance of some gorgeous pictures to tell this story, since words alone simply won't do.

Before Sunday, I was really worried that, because all of the normal hype of wedding planning added on top of the added pressure of being a wedding blogger who's immersed in wedding blogs and talking about weddings nearly all day long, our wedding day might not be able to live up to the anticipation and excitement surrounding it for two years now. When people used to say that your wedding day is supposed to be the best day of your life, I was concerned that that expectation would make any day pale in comparision.

Well, let me just say, that I was worried over nothing. Sunday truly was the best day of my life thus far. Words can't even describe how amazing the whole experience was. I just kept thinking, "how can it get any better than this?" all day. Mr. Star said, "I wish we could get married every day," and while I know that I wouldn't have the energy for that, I definitely think I could get married once a month, at least ;)

I could go on and on, but I have a honeymoon to pack for, so I think I'll let this fabulous picture help me out:



Our fabulous photographer, John, captured this moment of peacefulness out on our balcony right before us girls left for the ceremony.



A quiet moment snuggling in Grand Central (you know, there were just dozens of people taking our picture and my MOH holding my train, but it was quiet and intimate, I swear!)

I'll give you a quick summary of my favorite parts of our day, since I'll be blogging pictures from our trip to Greece, the bachelorette and bachelor parties, and the rehearsal all before we get another look at the actual wedding:

The top ten most amazing parts of our day:
  1. Seeing our college buddies grinding on my mom -- yes, this happened!
  2. Riding the subway with some unsuspecting New Yorkers who were very much entertained
  3. Wearing the gorgeous dress I had been lusting over for more than two years and finally getting everyone to agree that it was worth every penny
  4. Being so excited to walk down the aisle just so I could finally see Mr. Star and hold his hands
  5. Getting cheered on as Mr. Star lifted me in the air not once, but twice during our choreographed first dance
  6. Feeling our families truly come together and get along for the first time, with even my brother going so far as to snap at me when I interrupted him talking to "his new brothers!"
  7. Getting a slow dance with the most gorgeous flowergirl there ever was
  8. A ceremony that was so "us" and so genuine that it was absolutely the most intense and emotional half an hour of my life. Everything but me and Mr. Star just melted away from my perception.
  9. That all of our guests noticed and commented on how much work we put into making all the details as perfect as we could
  10. The overwhelming joy I felt from start to finish -- I have never been so happy. Ever.
It was hard to pick just ten.

I'll leave you with a picture that captures the spirit of our evening perfectly. This was during our first dance and I just love how happy Mr. Star looks and how amped up all of our guests are. The whole night was just like this:



No comments:

Post a Comment