Saturday, October 10, 2009

Becoming a Young-ish Wife

It all started two long years ago in a little dinner theater in Boston:



In that moment I felt many of the same feelings that I do now: chills of excitement, nervous butterflies, the warm flush of pure joy, and a thrilled hope for the future.



In the few years that I've been in love with Mr. Star, I have transformed from a bitter and sarcastic college girl with plans to never marry and own a lot of cats, into a confident and loving woman-turned-wedding-blogger who loves nothing more than her career and her soon-to-be husband.



It feels like a lifetime since the day that I first told Mr. Star that I loved him, and in all reality, it has been. I have a whole new life ahead of me and a completely new outlook on the world because he has taught me what it's like to truly love a man and be loved in return.

As I write this, I'm sitting here surrounded by so many of my loved ones, laughing and smiling all around. My two little sisters are giggling as my puppy licks their faces and Mr. Star is experimenting with calling Momma Star "Mom" for the first time. It is a truly magical feeling to have a physical circle of love surrounding us to celebrate the beginning of our marriage, and hard to believe that we have so many people willing to go through so much trouble just for our sakes! :)



It has been an honor to share in the circle of love created by the Weddingbee community, as well.



To Bee, Mr. Bee, and Mrs. Penguin -- Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of something so special and for believing that our wedding would be something worth hearing about.

To My Fellow Bees -- Thank you for inspiring me with your craftiness, your honesty, and your love. You have taught me so much about weddings and about life, probably more than you'll ever know.

To The Hive -- You have inspired me to keep on keeping on when the dark days of wedding planning hit. You have supported me when I needed the strength to stand up for what I believe in. You have lavished praise on my crafts that I wasn't sure I could be proud of. You have been one of the most fun parts of my wedding planning and I can't imagine having done this without you all with me, each step of the way!

To Mr. Star -- I would never be here without you, and I mean that in any way you can think of to take it. You are the only man I've ever met worth being a young-ish bride for and the only reason that I was brave enough to apply to be a Bee. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us and share in our successes and disappointments together as the best team imaginable. Times infinity to the infinity power, babe.

It's bittersweet for me to be signing off on my last post as Miss Star. It has been a fabulous journey so far and I can't wait to return to you on the other side as Mrs. Star with beautiful pictures and stories to share. For the last time, my friends, adieu as...

--Miss Star

No comments:

Post a Comment