Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Star-Studded (Love) Affair: Friends, Family, and Fun


So...yeah...recaps...umm, where were we? Oh yeah, that's right. I last left you with some detail shots, our movie trailer, and our awesome first dance!

After we came off the incredible high of our first dance, we sat down to grab a quick bite and toast to a fabulous evening. My incredibly awesome Maid of Honor gave the first toast and warmed all of our hearts.


I love how luxe our chair bows look. And I try not to look at those damn red cups.

My Mom gave a very sweet and funny toast, as well, where she mentioned how we when got engaged she had asked us to wait a couple of years to get married and, as it turns out, we were getting married nearly two years to the day that Mr. Star asked her for her blessing to propose. Haha.


We opened up the floor to any of our friends and family who wanted to speak for a minute, and some of our people gave lovely and heartfelt toasts.


And Mr. Star's wonderful Dad closed out the toasts by saying how proud he was of us and how moving our ceremony was to him.


We were so happy to be married (and happy to be sitting down for a brief moment):


But we quickly scarfed down a few bites and then made the rounds to squeeze all of our loved ones and show off our rings, of course.


Even in the spotlight, we found an intimate moment or two...


And our families took the time to create new family bonds together. My little sister fell in love with Mr. Star's youngest brother after what a chivalrous gentleman he was to her all night, even going so far as to dance on his knees to be at her level:


And we each spent a few moments with our own families, as well. Baby Sister Star was on her best and cutest behavior.


And you would never know from this picture how much Mr. Star's Momma loves him, right?


We got to cut into our (delicious!) cake and got one of those classic we're-cutting-the-cake-together-as-a-symbol-of-our-new-lifetime-partnership shots:


But this picture is really more "us," complete with me making a goofy face and my little sister standing just out of arm's reach, waiting for the very first slice of cake to come off of that table. In all fairness, we'd been bribing her through non-kid-friendly tasks like getting her hair curled all day with the promise of cake.


My brand-new husband gave me a dollop of frosting on my nose as a wedding gift. I was amused that he had the guts to do it (knowing how particular I am about my makeup!), and I love how proud of himself he looks in this picture:


That bite of cake was the only wedding cake I got that night, although I hear it was mighty tasty. Our frozen top tier had better be good or I'm going to be sorely disappointed. Only five months and thirteen days to go...not that I'm counting or anything.

We even stole away from the party for a few minutes to grab some gorgeous shots up on the terrace. What a killer view, no?


We could've gotten more shots, but I was anxious to get back to the party because everyone was having so much fun. Just wait until you see the dancing shots and you'll understand why. We have my husband doing the worm captured on camera. Not to mention, my new Father-in-Law doing a backflip. No joke.

*All photos by John Martin Photography*

The Star Wedding Recaps:

No comments:

Post a Comment