Thursday, November 5, 2009

“Αστέρι” is Greek for Star : The Colors


For a bright and bold color-lovin' gal such as myself (look for me, I'm the only person in New York City not wearing a black coat), there's just no beating Greece! Everywhere we turned, there was one fabulous array of dazzling color after another. I was in heaven, and wondering why we don't decorate like this here in the United States!

I hope you love the shots I took of all the colors as much as I do...



Buildings in Oia on Santorini were bold and beautiful



Even when it's mostly white, there are still fabulous infusions of that famous Santorini blue



I would love to get to walk through that door every day



Flowers that look as bright as they smelled



These aren't even fancy buildings, everyday souvenir shops are decorated this nicely!



Everywhere we turned, there was a blue dome more beautiful than the next on Santorini



And colorful merchandise made up for any white walls in sight!



Even in the Archaeological Museum in Athens (an admittedly stodgy place!), there were bold colors



How fabulous would these be for wedding decor, right? Can we get married again?



I would love to paint a house like this and then my neighbors would hate me



Have you ever seen water so blue? This was off the side of the ferry from Athens to Santorini.

If I had chosen my wedding colors AFTER going on our honeymoon, I'm pretty sure they would have been Greece-inspired! Since my wedding planning is over, I'll have to plan an apartment party of some type with these photos as part of my inspiration board.

What inspires you?

If you're following along, the Star Honeymoon recaps are:

No comments:

Post a Comment