Sunday, October 7, 2012

A Star-Studded Leather (!) Anniversary

Hey, Hive! Shout-out from New York! Wait...do any of you even remember who I am?

For reference, this is what we looked like three years ago (yes, THREE!):


But these days? We're lookin' more like this:


This has been a pretty incredible year for us, though not without its trials, of course. Mr. Star got hired at his first full-time casting assistant job just before our anniversary last year, and as of last month...he's been promoted to an Associate Casting Director! That picture of us above is from when we attended a fancy party for the TV show he's been working on -- yeah, he's a big cheese now, and I couldn't be more proud. I've had a great year, too -- getting signed with my first big agency, joining the stage actors' union, and now producing and starring in my very own show!

Other than that, we've been busy re-decorating our apartment, going on adventurous dates together, and trying to ward off baby fever long enough to rock out in our careers. Let me tell you, all of the seriously cute Weddingbee babies aren't helping on that front, friends.

Being three years married isn't a whole lot different than being 2 months married, in my opinion...other than the tiny beginnings of under-eye wrinkles that I've developed and the overwhelming sense of pride that we both feel about the strength of our marriage.

We're spending our anniversary week in one of the best ways possible: celebrating the wedding of my very best friend in the entire world and Maid of Honor, Clare. We're reveling in the chance to remember the love we felt on our wedding day by sharing in the love they felt on theirs. And even though sometimes I think it's completely crazy that we're "old" enough to be not-so-newlyweds, I wouldn't change where we are for the world...although I would change the very unappealing title of "Matron of Honor" -- seriously, who came up with that?!

Mr. Star -- I am so proud of you, and of us. I have no doubt in the world that we have what it takes to be that cute, little elderly couple cuddling on a bench in Central Park 50 years down the road. I am grateful for each day that we have together, as there's no one I'd rather ride this crazy roller coaster with, and I promise to never forget the pure, unadulterated love we felt on our wedding day, no matter how many years swiftly pass us by.




My embarrassing (or awesome?) confession is that I still check Weddingbee each and every day. But if you're missing your daily Mrs. Star quotient, feel free to check me out on twitter (only WB lovers truly "get" my twitter handle!), like my actor facebook page, or read the showbiz blog that I founded and write for. And, of course, if you're in the NYC area, you should totally come see my show in the spring :)

To catch up on the Star-Studded Love Story, check out:
Our Cotton Anniversary
Our Paper Anniversary
Our Sunday Snapshot
...and the rest of my lovingly-recorded recaps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment