Monday, January 4, 2010

A Star-Studded (Love) Affair: My Big Break

Dear Hive -- Please play the following song as you read this post, if you are able. I promise it's a worthwhile listen!




Thank you, Lifehouse.

Now that all of our besties had their moment and were standing onstage waiting patiently, there was only  one person missing (well, two, if you count my Dad!) : the bride!

I went back and forth on what music I wanted to walk down the aisle to for most of our engagement. Much like Miss Nachos, I have always love love LOVED Pachebel's Canon in D, and Momma Star and I used to play it as a piano duet when I was little, so it has a lot of sentimental value to me. Problem was, it really didn't fit in with any of the rest of our music or with the overall feel of our wedding, so it just wasn't right for the big showstopper moment in the ceremony.

Lifehouse is a band that has always had a huge place in my relationship with Mr. Star, as their style somehow seems to capture how we feel about each other and what it's like for us to be together absolutely perfectly. "Everything" has been our song for some time now and I had planned to walk down the aisle to it at first. One day, though, I was on a plane headed home to visit my family and listening to my Lifehouse playlist when "Storm" came on and even though I had never even heard it before, I just burst into tears and knew the message was right.

So from around the corner, I heard that song start and knew it was time to marry my soulmate. The audience was waiting expectantly:



But before I could see my fiance for the last time, I had to make it up some steps without tripping, and you can see from my face how concerned I was about that:



Luckily, I had asked my Dad to hold on tight and walk reeeeeally slowly, so we made it just fine. And I finally, finally, after what had felt like a lifetime apart, got to see Mr. Star...



He was kinda happy to see me, too:



Then I got all bashful and bride-y, which is totally not like me at all. It was the first time I had ever really felt like our love was so naked and on display before, though.



And it really did feel like being on display for everyone I had ever met to see...



...But in a totally good way, of course!


The closer I got to the mister, the more excited I became. It was all about us now.




The chaos around me started to fade away...



And from that point in the ceremony on, I don't remember much except how it felt to be standing with Mr. Star.



After literally years of wanting to show him my gorgeous dress and many, many hours of just wanting to hold his hands, my wish finally came true...



Just like the Lifehouse song says, If I could just see you, everything would be alright. If I could see you, the darkness would turn to light...



*All photos by John Martin Photography *

The Star Wedding Recaps:

1 comment:

  1. For obvious reasons my eyes welled with tears. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete